[Unit Project 2] How to make paper cranes

It is not clear when origami itself begin. Paper cranes are written about it books introducing ukiyo-e and kimono from the early 18th century. There is a type of origami crane called thousand paper cranes made from origami paper. The crane has become a symbol of peace, as it has the meaning of praying for recovery from illness and happiness, as it is said to last for a thousand years.

I first learned about origami cranes when I was in elementary school. I knew it existed, but I didn't know how to fold it. One day, one of my friends was hospitalized. "Let's make a thousand paper cranes for her".  Another friend said to me. "Yes, but I don't know how to fold a paper crane. So, can you teach me how to fold it?" I said. My friends kindly taught me that. With the help of some friends, we were able to complete a thousand paper cranes. I couldn't go and give it to her in person, but I heard that she was happy with it, so I was happy.

 

[Ingredients]

Origami

Your own hand

Flat places for example desks

 

[Procedures]

1. Place the origami on the desk, fold it into a triangle, and then fold it into a triangle again.



2. Put your hands in the origami to add air, then crush it and fold it into a square. The back side works similarly.



3. Fold the square edge inward and make a crease line.



4. Fold the fold line, spreading put the inside and crushing it. The back side works similarly.



5. Make a valley fold along the center. The back side works similarly.



6. Fold the folded part inward and align the bottom and top halves. The back side works similarly.



7. Turn the folded part of the origami inside.



8. Spread out the wings of the crane and fold the beak down slightly.




I think origami is a part of Japanese culture that we should be proud of. In particular, origami cranes look flashy and beautiful. In recent year, origami has become popular among foreigners as well. The word "origami" can be understood all over the world. I hope that it will become famous around the world along with Japanese food and paper, which are Japan's intangible cultural heritage.

 


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

#4

#6

#9